Sunday, September 7, 2014

Quote of the day (9/7/2014)

photo credit: doyouhaveaplanb

Today's quote of the day is about growing and being out of our comfort zone.
If we're growing, we're always going to be out of our comfort zone.” - John Maxwell
 Life is all about growth. There is job growth, family growth, spiritual growth, emotional growth, etc. We never stop growing, and we shouldn't even try to escape the process. We need to grow. How do we better ourselves if we don't continue to grow?

A lot of people try to stay the way they are because they are afraid to leave their comfort zone. They are afraid of the unknown.

It is okay to be afraid. Heck, I am afraid of the unknown, but I never doubt that I am strong enough to handle what ever comes my way.
Through a tough upbringing to bad experiences in my love life, to health issues, to poverty, and to a serious back surgery, I knew that I could handle what ever comes my way. While I continue to battle recovering from a serious back surgery, I know that I can get through it. It's helping me to grow emotionally (and somewhat physically). The past year and a half, I've been way out of my comfort zone. My life before was easier to manage. Everything now depends on whether or not I'm having a bad pain day. I work around my pain.
In some aspects, life is slowly getting easier. In other aspects, I am still struggling. I constantly remind myself that I'm growing, I'm strong, and despite being out of my comfort zone, I will overcome this.

We underestimate how strong we really are. We need to realize our strength, accept the process, continue to grow, and understand that being out of our comfort zone is actually a GOOD thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment