Saturday, August 23, 2014

It's been awhile!

Good afternoon everyone!

I know it's been quite some time since I have written. It's been quite hectic on my end. I have been busy with physical therapy and recovering from my back surgery (I had a lumbar fusion on June 10th). My recovery has been challenging, but I think that I'm heading in a good direction. My physical therapist has been stretching me out before I do my usual workout routine, and the stretching has really helped me. The pain levels have been going down and it's been a blessing because I been desperate to get off of my painkillers.
This past week, I ended up catching a nasty stomach flu, which has elevated my pain levels. I had to miss Friday's physical therapy appointment and rest. I'm still a little queasy, but the worst seems to be behind me. The body aches are still with me and I've had to return to the painkillers since Tylenol hasn't been cutting it. I've had to take a sabbatical from writing in order to rest up.

Another thing I've been working on is writing for clients. I have been a part of a platform called Zerys for almost a year and there is a potential for me to make some serious money on there if I put in the time and effort. It's been a challenging experience, but I've been able to hold my own against some of the best writers on the site. I maintain a 4.5 out of 5 star rating, which is pretty good, considering I don't have a degree in English Literature or Journalism.

Anyways, I'm going to continue my sabbatical from writing until Monday. I can't write if I'm sick. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and it will gnaw at me if I put out work that is terrible. Yesterday, I made the terrible decision to work on a project and after I sent it off to my client, I realized that it was probably my worst work for this client. It's been eating away at me ever since, LOL!

I hope everyone has a great weekend, and I will be back to the grind on Monday!

Before I close, I wanted to send a shout out to my friend Sharla Lovelace. She has a new book out called "Stay With Me." I've read a few of her books and she is an amazing writer. She writes Texas romance stories.
Check out her new book, "Stay With Me." Also, check out some of my favorite books from her ("The Reason is You" is my favorite book of hers. It's such a beautiful story):

No comments:

Post a Comment